Week 10

 

Summary:

This week I learned about Hyrbrid organizations, the Seven Principles of Social Business, and effective altruism.  I learned how I was developing the qualities that David Bornstein spoke of in how to be a successful social entrepreneur. 

Response to an activity:

The application activity for this week focused on thinking of ways to solve problems within the social issue we have chosen.  My social issue is suicide.  Thinking of my own platform to help within this issue was difficult.  But when I finally came up with an idea and ran with it, it was kind of fun!  This activity was inspiring me to think outside of the box and come up with ways to help make change happen. 

Weekly prompt:  What is it about hybrids that make them so successful?

I think one of the aspects of a hybrid organization that makes them successful is that it falls in between for-profit and non-profit organizations.  If someone wants to be a part of social change but does not like certain aspects of for-profit or non-profit organizations, a hybrid organization gives them another option.  Beyond that, I think the biggest thing that makes hybrid organizations successful is that the profits that are made goes right back into the organization, leaving little room for mission drift. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Week 11

Week 8