Week 13

 

Reflection:

This week I learned the importance of being physically and spiritually self-reliant.  When I am self-reliant I am better able to serve others around me. 

Response to a reading:

There was a certain part in Elder Joseph B Wirthlin’s talk that helped me build upon a testimony that was gained last week for me.  He said, “Do you love the Lord?  Spend time with Him.  Meditate on His words.  Take His yoke upon you.  Seek to understand and obey…When we love the Lord, obedience ceases to be a burden.  Obedience become a delight.  When we love the Lord, we seek less for things that benefit us and turn our hearts toward things that will bless and uplift others.”  He spoke of things that will lead to blessing others:  loving the Lord and obeying.  These are principles of self-reliance and last week I was able to use them to understand that perfecting those skills here on Earth will be of most benefit when I leave here and live with Father in Heaven once again.  And just like Elder Wirthlin said, it can be as if it is not a burden if you truly apply these things.  Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf testifies of this (which also goes back to it all being of benefit to us when we return to our Father) when he said, “Dear brothers and sisters, living the gospel faithfully is not a burden.  It is a joyful rehearsal – a preparation for inheriting the grand glory of the eternities.  We seek to obey our Heavenly Father because our spirits will become more attuned to spiritual things.  Vistas are opened that we never knew existed.  Enlightenment and understand come to us when we do the will of the Father.”  

Weekly prompt:  Reflect on your future social innovation goals and the gospel.

This weeks assignment on the scripture guide was a good eye opener on the similarities of social innovation and the gospel.  It help me set some goals that are easier obtained than goals set at the beginning of the course.  The reality is that I am a wife, mother, and student who is very busy.  As much as I would like to go and be a founding member of some great social innovation idea and organization, I need to remember that there is a time and place for everything and sometimes that means, not right now.  And that is ok!  For now I can better commit to being a more active presence in my ministering efforts.  I can volunteer in my child’s school instead of believing that I do not have time because I’m busy doing homework.  And lastly, I can raise my fast offerings donation to better financially serve members of my ward. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Week 11

Week 8